• Previous
  • 1 (current)
  • Next
Hidden (6e05ec74)  

What are the audio programs you all use to make your music?

I use: MaxMSP, Logic, Live, SuperCollider and many other things I could elaborate on for days.

Last edited by Hidden (6e05ec74)

Hidden (1e0aa687)  

LSDJ or Nanoloop, MaxyMiser, GoatTracker, FamiTracker or NerdTracker II (depends on what I'm working on, really).

Sometimes I'll mess with Open ModPlugTracker, MilkyTracker, or Renoise.

Hidden (d264a97b)  

I use Reason and have just started learning to use Ableton.

Hidden (6e05ec74)  

@Monkeymook - What do you think of Renoise? It's an interesting way to deal with time, but how do you like it?

Hidden (1e0aa687)  

OneBlockWest wrote:
@Monkeymook - What do you think of Renoise? It's an interesting way to deal with time, but how do you like it?

Well, I'm way more familiar with trackers, as opposed to environments like FL Studio or Sony Vegas. I'm not one for linear timelines, and would rather compose in a bank/phrase/chain method, so Renoise naturally appeals to my preference.

But I think (as with any DAW), it's pretty intimidating when you first sit down to it, and even afterward when you get used to it, there's still a feeling of 'What do I do now?' I personally feel that Renoise pretty much eliminates that from happening, due to the simplistic look of a tracker. Other than that, it's a pretty standard DAW, and I wouldn't use it for everything. I'd take OpenMPT over it, mainly because Renoise can't export to .xm and .mod; but then again, Renoise isn't a tracker; it just looks like one.

Were you having any issues or specific questions about it?

• Previous
  • 1 (current)
  • Next