• Previous
  • 1 (current)
  • Next
Hidden (166c0ec0)  

i mainly download Flac !! Flac is my best format

Hidden (44f95794)  

FLAC or MP3.... It doesn't matter. You still get the song you want in the end, but audiophiles are very picky about this.

V0 or 320 MP3 files work for me.

Hidden (991b3680)  

I only snatch flac for its high quality, and because it's free (as in free speech).

Hidden (48604088)  

Flac FTW!!

Hidden (50f675c8)  

KiLL3R wrote:
Flac FTW!!

+1 😁

Hidden (31b47ddf)  

Mainly MP3, unless its something that I would like to have in absolute perfect quality. Main reason is space, and iTune's lack of FLAC support.

Hidden (4f4c60a8)  

MP3...  My OCD tells me not to download FLAC since my whole library is MP3

Hidden (0f54f47a)  

Mostly mp3 but I switched to downloading albums in FLAC because I increased my HDD capacity recently. 🙂

Hidden (790a4f67)  

MP3 in general and FLAC for those special albums.

Hidden (316ecc90)  

Mp3 most time

Hidden (b613bd3a)  

I try to get FLAC as much as possible. Mainly for archival and re-sampling reasons.

I prefer the usage of FLAC as a storage format.
Wikipedia wrote:
Since FLAC is a lossless scheme, it is suitable as an archive format for owners of CDs and other media who wish to preserve their audio collections. If the original media is lost, damaged, or worn out, a FLAC copy of the audio tracks ensures that an exact duplicate of the original data can be recovered at any time. An exact restoration from a lossy archive (e.g., MP3) of the same data is impossible. FLAC being lossless means it is highly suitable for transcode e.g. to MP3, without the normally associated transcoding quality loss. A CUE file can optionally be created when ripping a CD. If a CD is read and ripped perfectly to FLAC files, the CUE file allows later burning of an audio CD that is identical in audio data to the original CD, including track order, pregaps, and CD-Text. However, additional data present on some audio CDs such as lyrics and CD+G graphics are beyond the scope of a CUE file and most ripping software, so that data will not be archived.

I don't get FLACs and TTAs because of some psychological complex that insists that I must listen to a file of the highest quality, even though my ears can only hear psychoacoustic frequencies on a very low end. I enjoy a vinyl or mixtape just as much as a FLAC album, but I'd rather have better quality to listen to, and only if it's noticeable.

If I want to sample a song or rip something out, then I want the highest-quality source files I can get. The more you transcode, the more the quality drops and becomes noticeable. I started downloading (possibly) triply-transcoded and poorly-tagged mp3s and wmas off LimeWire, Kazaa, and WinMX. Then I made the transition to torrents. Only later, did I realize the importance of lossless audio storage/compression and how sampling and listening quality over time is affected.

But for those really good albums, the source files are way preferred.

Hidden (1de8c4df)  

I never sample or anything and can't hear frequencies over 15k so I'm perfectly happy with mp3's.

Hidden (29562efb)  

Well, MP3 mostly

Hidden (fda6a357)  

initially i download mp3s for evaluation, if theres something that i really like, i download the flacs

Hidden (65fa396b)  

FLAC is my first choice unless its unavailable for something I really want to listen to. I do so mainly because I prefer to have the highest quaility copy and if need be I can transcode it myself to a lossy format.

Monkeymook wrote:
I don't get FLACs and TTAs because of some psychological complex that insists that I must listen to a file of the highest quality, even though my ears can only hear psychoacoustic frequencies on a very low end. I enjoy a vinyl or mixtape just as much as a FLAC album, but I'd rather have better quality to listen to, and only if it's noticeable.

If I want to sample a song or rip something out, then I want the highest-quality source files I can get. The more you transcode, the more the quality drops and becomes noticeable. I started downloading (possibly) triply-transcoded and poorly-tagged mp3s and wmas off LimeWire, Kazaa, and WinMX. Then I made the transition to torrents. Only later, did I realize the importance of lossless audio storage/compression and how sampling and listening quality over time is affected.

I do so for the same reasons an Monkeymook stated ^^ there

Hidden (46384e2d)  

FLAC for converting to OGG Vorbis, or MP3 V0.

Last edited by Hidden (46384e2d)

Hidden (6a8cacb2)  

i mainly download Flac !! Flac is my best format

• Previous
  • 1 (current)
  • Next